I applied for visitor visas under the Canada-Ukraine special measure with my family. Why are you asking me to apply for my family members again?
We’re asking you to apply for your family members again because you must submit a separate application for each family member who’ll come with you to Canada. You don’t need to re-apply for yourself.
If you’ve already applied for yourself, but you didn’t submit a separate application for each family member, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your IRCC portal account.
- Click Apply for a visitor visa, transit visa or a study permit.
- On the next page, check the box at the bottom that says I’m ready to start my application.
- For this application, you can ignore the instructions to check your eligibility, and you won’t be asked to pay any fees.
- If you’re applying for more than 1 member of your family:
- Answer Yes when asked Do you want to apply for more than 1 person at the same time?
- Select Family as the type of group that applies to your situation.
- On the Manage group page, click Add member for each member of your family.
- You must complete an application for each family member, but you can submit them all at once when you’re done.
- When you’re asked what you want to apply for, choose Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel.
- Continue answering the remaining questions.
- Under Additional documents on the Documents to support your application page, upload a note (it can be a letter or a screen capture of something you wrote on your phone). The note must
- include your unique client identifier (UCI) or application number
- tell us that you already applied
- say these applications are for your family members
- If you’re applying for minor children, don’t forget to upload
- a copy of each child’s birth certificate with their application (if possible)
- a letter of authorization from the parent who is not travelling with the child (if applicable)
- Complete steps 5 to 8 for each family member’s application.
Answers others found useful
- Who can make a request under the Access to Information Act?
- What information is available under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act?
- Who can make a request under the Privacy Act?
- How and where do I submit an Access to Information or Privacy request?
- What is the fee for an Access request?
- Date modified: