What is an application number?
An application number is different from a unique client identifier (UCI) or client ID.
If you have multiple applications with us, they’ll have
- the same UCI or client ID
- different application numbers
An application number is specific to your application. We send it to you when we start processing your application.
To find it
- look at the top corner of the letters you receive from us, such as
- the acknowledgement of receipt letter (we send this after you submit an application)
- an invitation to a citizenship test or ceremony (a letter or an email)
- other letters
- sign in to your account if you applied online (under View the applications you submitted or Account messages section)
Application numbers usually have 1 letter and 9 numbers. For example:
- Citizenship: C123456789
- Work permit: W993830598
- Economic class: E099977028
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: