How are processing times calculated?
Our processing times are historical, meaning they’re measured based on how long it took to process 80% of applications in the past.
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision on it.
If you apply by mail
The processing time starts when your complete application arrives in our mail room.
If you apply online or in person
The processing time starts when you submit your application.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: