How can I check the status of my medical exam results?
The way to check the status of your medical exam results depends on how you applied.
If you applied online
If you applied to immigrate through Express Entry or to sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children
You can check the status of your results in your application status tracker.
If you applied to any other program
You can check the status of your results in your IRCC secure account.
- If you don’t already have an account, you can create one and link it to your existing application.
- Make sure you link your account to the application that needed a medical exam.
- Find out which applications you can link to an IRCC secure account.
The status of medical exam results in your account may show an inaccurate validity date.
If you applied on paper
You can check the status of your application, including your medical exam results, using the check your application status tool.
When to check the status of your results
If we asked you for a medical exam after you applied
You may not see the status of your results updated right away.
- Your results usually show up in your account within 30 days of the date you booked your exam.
- It may take longer (for example, if we need more information from you).
If you got your medical exam before you applied (upfront medical exam)
You may not see the status of your results updated in your account until we finish processing your immigration application. We need time to
- process your application
- link the results to your application
If we ask or if a panel physician asks you for additional medical information, tests or treatment
To avoid more delays, you must
- go back to see the physician
- complete the requirement before we can assess your medical exam
Don’t complete a new medical exam unless we instruct you to do so.
Your panel physician can explain how long it will take to complete additional testing or treatment.
When to contact us
Use the web form to tell us if
- we asked you for a medical exam after you applied
- it’s been over 3 weeks since you had your exam
- your results do not show up in your account
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date modified: