Why do I need a medical examination?
You need to have a medical exam if you’re planning to:
- visit for more than 6 months
- work in healthcare or with children or
- apply for permanent residence
It’s important for the public health of Canadians, and helps prevent the spread of diseases.
If you’re visiting for less than 6 months, you don’t need one.
Learn more about medical exams.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date modified: