Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

If I withdraw my application, will I get a refund?

In most cases, you can only get a refund if you withdraw your application before we start processing it.

If we have already start processing your application, we can only refund:

  • the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF)
  • the right of citizenship fee
  • the open work permit fee (for Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exempt workers only)
  • the employer compliance fee (refunded to the employer), and
  • International Experience Canada (IEC) fees (See refunds for IEC)

You can request a refund online. If we started processing your application, submit your withdrawal request using our web form.

After you submit a request, we will contact you if we need more information and to update you on the status of your request.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: