My application was returned by email. How do I re-submit it?
We’ll mail your original passport back to you automatically (if we requested it). We won’t return originals of other documents, for example
- language test results
- police certificates
- education assessments
If you need to resubmit documents, you can use the version we sent back to you. For processing, we consider the emailed version to be the equivalent of the original.
You’ll have to print them out and mail them back if it’s for a program where you apply on paper.
Note: don’t send us your passport until we ask for it. Doing so may delay your application and you may be asked to obtain a tracking number for us to return it back to you.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: