Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How do I withdraw my application for citizenship services?

This depends on how you applied.

You may be able to get a refund for some or all of your fees. Find out if you can ask for a refund.

If you applied online

Use the web form to cancel or withdraw your online application.

If you applied on paper

Send us:

We recommend that you keep a copy of the withdrawal form for your records.

Put the form and a copy of the fee receipt in an envelope. Write “Withdrawal of Application” on it.

If you submitted your application to a Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate, mail your withdrawal request there.

If you sent your application to CPC-Sydney and we haven’t transferred it to a local IRCC office, mail your withdrawal request to:

Regular mail

“Withdrawal of Application”

P.O. Box 12000
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C1


“Withdrawal of Application”

49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

If we transferred your application to a local office

  • mail your withdrawal request to that office
  • you’ll find contact information for the office processing your application in the letter we sent you

Contact us using the web form if you don’t know

  • if we transferred your application or
  • which office is processing your application

Answers others found useful

Help tool

  • Discover Canada Study Guide

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: