Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How and where do I submit an Access to Information or Privacy request?

If submitting a request electronically, you must do so through the ATIP Online Request tool. Once you have completed the questions, the request will be automatically sent to the Access to Information and Privacy Division at IRCC.

If submitting a written request, you must complete one of the following forms:

You may also submit a letter, as long as it indicates under which Act the request is being made and includes sufficient detail to enable an employee of IRCC to identify the records that are being requested.

You can send your completed form or letter to:

Access to Information and Privacy Division
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Note: Credit card payment is only accepted via the ATIP Online Request tool. If paying the application fee by cheque or money order, you must send your request by regular mail.

Did you find what you were looking for?

What was wrong?

You will not receive a reply. Telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Maximum 300 characters

Thank you for your feedback

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date modified: