Who should I include on my permanent residence application?
You must include all your family members even if they are not coming to Canada with you. This includes:
- spouse or partner
- dependent children
- dependent children of dependent children (grandchildren)
If you don’t include all of them:
- you could be refused entry into Canada, and
- you may not be able to sponsor the family members you didn’t include in your application to come to Canada at a later date.
Thank you for your feedback
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: