How do I submit my application?
Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) applications
The eTA application form is available online. Apply now for an eTA.
Temporary resident applications (visitor visa, study permit or work permit)
For online applications:
Currently, we accept online applications for all temporary resident applications, except for temporary resident permits.
Start by answering a few questions to find out which immigration programs you can apply for. If you are eligible, we will give you instructions on how to submit your online application.
For paper applications:
For temporary resident applications made outside Canada, you may:
Permanent resident applications
Where to send your application depends on which permanent resident program you apply for. Instructions on where to send your application are in the “Mail the application” section of the application guide.
All applications to become a Canadian citizen or resume your Canadian citizenship must be sent to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S).
Where you send applications to give up (renounce) your citizenship, get proof of citizenship (citizenship certificate) or to search the citizenship records depends on where you live.
- If you live in Canada or the United States, send your application to the Case Processing Centre in Sydney (CPC-S).
- If you live outside Canada and outside the United States, send your application to the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate responsible for your area.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- Date modified: